
Historical Site
Trinity Lutheran Church
420 Oak Street, Manistee, MI, 49660, US
Church
About
In 1870, the congregation of Trinity Lutheran Church constructed a church, and later a school on First Street near Division Street. The church building was spared destruction by the Great Fire of 1871 with services continuing uninterrupted there for 87 years.
With aging structures and an influx of more parishioners, by the mid-1950s the congregation was looking for a place to construct a new church complex. In 1954, the Peters' Lot was chosen as the new site for Trinity Lutheran Church. With construction of the Norman-Gothic church building, along with the auditorium finished one year later, a dedication was held on July 7, 1957, with Trinity Lutheran School constructed next to the church in 1965.
Historical Context
Year Established
1957
Location
420 Oak Street, Manistee, MI, 49660, US44.2430, -86.3258