
Historical Site
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
521 Cypress Street, Manistee, MI, 49660, US
Church
About
Originally constructed in 1884 and completed one year later as the Ansgarius Evangelical Lutheran Church, the church was built on a lot using bricks donated by local wealthy lumberman, Louis Sands.
The congregation, later becoming the Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church, continued on as such until merging with two other local Lutheran congregations (Our Saviour's Lutheran Church and St. Peter's) to form Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in 1970.
As the years have passed the building has undergone various renovations and additions while continuing to serve its congregation.
Historical Context
Year Established
1884
Location
521 Cypress Street, Manistee, MI, 49660, US44.2411, -86.3189