
Historical Site
Divine Mercy Parish
254 Sixth Street, Manistee, MI, 49660, US
Church
About
Organized as a separate Polish-Catholic congregation in 1885, the members of St. Joseph's began the construction of their own church that same year when Father W. Grochowski was formally installed as pastor.
In 1887, two towers were added to the church and later a school, convent, and rectory. In the mid-1950s, the church underwent a major renovation both inside and outside including the installation of new stained-glass windows and a complete overhaul of the facade.
After consolidating all three Catholic Churches in Manistee, St. Joseph is now named Divine Mercy Parish, the primary parish that serves the local Catholic community.
Historical Context
Year Established
1885
Location
254 Sixth Street, Manistee, MI, 49660, US44.2403, -86.3152